This was a recipe Twyla asked me to make of her a few months back. It went really well and ou can find the original recipe HERE… ENJOY 🙂
- 5-6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb fresh gnocchi (in the dry pasta section of the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2-1 cup half & half
- 1/2 bag baby spinach, torn
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi until they float to the surface (or according to the package directions).
- Remove with a slotted spoon into the hot skillet with the bacon drippings and stir around for a few minutes, until they start to turn golden. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the peas to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until heated through.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer, then tear (or shake) in the spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Continue to cook until the mixture thickens to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Stir the gnocchi back in and serve immediately, with Parmesan for grating on top.
- This was a great recipe and super yummy just not great food for toddlers 😛
- You will notice from the pics we skipped the spinach (just didn’t have any)