I’m back posting recipes after a long and busy season of life with twins. Really wanted to grill some fruit tonight and I had a left over pear. Check out the original recipe HERE and enjoy.
- 3 ripe bosc pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- Turn burn grillers to low and preheat to between 350-400 F
- Cut pears in half removing any visible seeds, leaving stems.
- Brush pears with refined coconut oil, sprinkle with sea salt and place on grill at an angle flesh side down
- Cook pears on covered grill for 15 minutes and check to see if the pears have softened and if the pears have a solid grill mark. Depending on the size and ripeness the cook time may take a bit longer or be a bit shorter. Check it every 5min or so but only turn twice if you care about grill marks.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and mix well.
- Let pears rest for a bit after cooking, when they are warm but not HOT, drizzle cinnamon honey over them and top with chopped pecans.
- Put a scoop of ice-cream on them if you want.
- Serve immediately!
- My pears cooked quickly and were a bit watery. I think they were a bit to soft and I over cooked them. You may have to do a bit of trail and error when it come to cook time.