We are having people over soon and I needed a new recipe this week. One day last week when while on Facebook I saw this VIDEO and thought it would be a fantastic dessert for this weekend. We tested it out tonight and we have found a WINNER.
- 8 square spring roll wrappers
- 4 ripe bananas or plantains
- 1 cup light brown sugar with cinnamon
- Water for sealing wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Slice bananas into quarters, and roll the pieces in the brown sugar.
- Place 1-2 slices on one bottom corner of a wrapper, roll, fold, and seal. Repeat the process.
- Heat enough vegetable oil to fill a pan halfway.
- Fry the lumpia until golden brown on one side
- Flip and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top.
- Cook the other side until golden brown
- Flip and sprinkle the brown sugar on top again.
- Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil (See below)
- Serve alone or with ice cream.
- When we tried the brown sugar on top of the rolls and then placed them on the paper towel they STUCK. The sugar was great but the paper stuck to the rolls. I would consider using a wire rack the excess oil should fall below but this way the sugar and the paper won’t connect.