Recently I’ve started a journey trying to figure out what I might be allergic to… 😦 and for the most part its been a challenge to adjust to a style of diet. However, this new food adventure I’m on has it’s perks, and its called Chicken Legs Wrapped in Prosciutto. As always the original recipe can be found here at Paleo Porn.
- 8 legs chicken legs
- dried oregano, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 375F°F.
- Season legs with oregano and black pepper on both sides.
- I found it best to just place everything on the pan and season them all together at once and then wrap them.
- Wrap each leg with a single slice of prosciutto.
- Add legs to a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. If it reads 165°F or above remove them from oven and serve. If not, continue cooking until done (check on 5-10 minute intervals).
- Remember to turn them about half way though the process
- These chicken legs cooked super well and tasted amazing. The one thought we had was about baking them on a wire rack. We wondered if it would make the prosciutto more crispy.
- You can also do this exact same recipe with a chicken breast instead. The only difference is that I would pan fry the chicken, and if it’s a really thick piece of chicken I would pound it out first.