This recipe comes curtesy of Twyla’s Family and Company’s Coming. I’ve always wanted to make a homemade caesar dressing so when people were coming over a few weeks ago I got my chance.
INGREDIENTS – Dressing
- 1 Garlic clove, mashed to a pulp
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tspPepper
- 1/2-1 Tin Anchovies, chopped small
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Make dressing in a small bowl by combining all 10 dressing ingredients together and mix super well.
- Set the dressing aside and if you can try and make it a few hours early. It will give the flavours a chance to blend together.
- So Twyla and I had trouble finding anchovies for our dressing. After a bit of research we found out you could use a bit more Worcestershire sauce as a replacement. It worked out okay but we definitely missed the anchovies.