Again I’m on a new diet (because of allergies) and basically can’t eat anteing that contain eggs, dairy, or sugar. The hardest meal to deal with has been lunch and then I came across this Burrito Bowl recipe and personally it’s fantastic. This is a bit of a “Jesse Hybrid” from the original because I used my own Pico recipe, added beans and basically focused on the Cilantro Rice.
INGREDIENTS – Cilantro Bean Rice
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 cups Black beans (your call)
- Place the cooked rice in a big bowl.
- Mix in the oil.
- Add the lime and lemon juices and salt, stirring together.
- Finally, stir in the cilantro.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice if you like.
- Once the taste is right add in the back beans and mix.
INGREDIENTS – Pico De Gallo
- Follow the Pico De Gallo recipe
- 1-2 Avocado diced
BRING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a big bowl place the following in order
- 1 Cup Cilantro Bean Rice
- 1/2 Cup Pico De Gallo
- Top with as much avocado as you want
- Serve with a side of tortilla chips
- This is a great lunch recipe but DO NOT mix it all together. You will want to re-heat the Cilantro Bean Rice and not the other ingredients.
- This recipe is super flexible so be creative. Here are a few ideas…
- extra cilantro
- Left over roast chicken
- Sour cream