Tonight Twyla and I made a Zucchini Noodle Dish and it was way better than I ever thought it could be. Below is the recipe we came up with, however the original recipe is from “Fresh by Jennifer Houston and Ruth Tal”. It’s a fresh take on vegetarian and vegan cooking and its full of amazing recipes. We’re working our way though his book (many more posts to come) and would highly recommend it.
- The book strongly recommends using a spiral vegetable spinner. We bought this one on amazon (Click the pic)
FAT RECIPE Makes 2 Servings
- 1 large Zucchini
- 1/4 cup of pesto sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 3-6 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Spiral cut or thinly slice your zucchini
- Dice the tomatoes
- Place a large pan on medium heat and add the vegetables
- Add the pesto sauce.
- Heat everything until it’s hot, but make sure you do not over cook the zucchini.
- Once everything is hot plate the food and add equal amounts of parmesan cheese to each dish.
– You may want to add some kind of protein to this dish. We thought a grilled chicken breast or some pork meatballs might do the trick.