On friday night Twyla and I decided to have Stir Fry. I thought it would be a good chance to blog about the process and give some tips.
Step #1 Ingredients
- Bok Choy
- Peppers (Red and Yellow)
- Mushrooms (my favorite)
- Bean Spouts
- Water Chestnuts
- Minced Garlic
- Minced Ginger
- China Lily Soya Sauce
- Garlic Hoisin VH (VH Sauces are almost always gluten free)
- Sriracha Sauce
You Could Use
- Snap Peas
- Chicken, Beef, Tofu
- Baby Corn
- Bamboo shoots
Sauces You Could Use
- You really could use any kind of sauce especially sauces like teriyaki, szechwan, sweet & Sour, or any store-bought Stir-Fry sauce.
STEP #2 Cooking Instructions
- Place a bit of oil, ginger, and garlic in a large frying pan on medium-high heat
- Let it simmer for a few minuets
- Then add the larger vegetables like (broccoli) place them in the frying pan.
FAT NOTE: Try and cover your pan with a lid of some kind. The steaming effect will cook the vegetables though faster.
- Once the larger vegetables have cooked a bit add the rest of your veggies with the exception of any leafy vegetables like the bok choy.
- Again cover and let it cook for a bit.
- Once everything is almost cooked through add the leafy vegetables and your stir-fry sauce. It’s up to you how much sauce to you add.
FAT NOTE: When using sriracha sauce be careful. It’s very HOT
- Cook it all together and once it’s all hot and the larger vegetables are cooked through YOUR READY TO GO.
- If you’re using meat of some kind cook it first then follow the above directions.
- You can eat this straight up or serve it with rice.