I was looking for a good and simple gluten free Apple Crisp last week and came across this recipe. Many of the other recipes I found online contained odd gluten free ingredients or were just over complicated. So when I saw how simple and easy this recipe is I knew I had a winner. It was absolutely delicious and has now been added to the regular desert lineup in the Criss home.
- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
- Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 8.
- This is a great gluten free recipe
- You also might want to modify the sugar amount, it was a bit sweet.
Check out the full original article: HERE